INTRODUCING THE KUWAIT INDIA BUSINESS COUNCIL
The Kuwait India Business Council (KIBC), a non profit organization of Indian and Kuwaiti businessmen and professionals was formally constituted in February, 2002 with the aim of proactively promoting bilateral trade and investment. The Council has been formed to facilitate a quantum jump in business between Kuwait and India and endeavors to provide timely and meaningful information about business opportunities as well as promote direct contacts between Kuwaiti and Indian businessmen. The Council, through various seminars and meetings, offers a vibrant forum to discuss various business issues and opportunities and pursues strategies which favorably impact bilateral business.
KIBC is affiliated to the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI), through an Agreement of Cooperation and is registered with the Indian Embassy in Kuwait. FICCI, Indiaís Apex Industry Organisation was established in 1927 and today has a membership of over 500 Chambers of Commerce, Trade Associations and Industry bodies and offices in London and Washington.
The vision of the Council is strongly anchored in the belief that business relations between the two traditionally friendly countries Kuwait and India with deep rooted links existing even prior to the discovery of oil, will reach Himalayan heights. The Council encourages Indian businesses to explore opportunities in Kuwait while providing a window to India to Kuwaiti businesses.
A unique aspect of our Councilís membership is the presence of so many Kuwaiti citizens and others with Indian interests. A singular achievement of the Council was the preparation of an Agenda for Development which was SUMMITted to the United Progressive Alliance Chairperson and Congress President Mrs. Sonia Gandhi by KIBCís Founder and Secretary General Mr. Markos Williams during a one to one meeting in July 2004. The Council had convened a meeting of 23 Indian organizations in Kuwait to elicit their views which were structured in the Agenda for Development
KIBC encourages highly proactive interaction among all business councils, forums and associations and exhorts them to help one another to achieve their objectives and realise their vision. On our part, the Kuwait India Business Council will welcome and support initiatives of any or all business councils in Kuwait and India and provide required assistance. History has proved that increased cooperation among the peoples of the world has always led to greater prosperity.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The aims and objectives of the KUWAIT INDIA BUSINESS COUNCIL are as follows:
- To actively promote business links between Kuwait and India.
- To promote Indian products and services.
- To promote India as a favorable foreign direct investment destination.
- To create and facilitate new opportunities in bilateral trade.
- To assist Indian private sector/public sector/ export promotion councils in conducting trade fairs, exhibitions and seminars in Kuwait.
- To host seminars enabling purposeful business oriented dialogue.
- To provide updated information on Indian government trade policies and procedures.
- To promote visits between Indian and Kuwaiti businessmen and exchange of views and ideas.
- To assist in partner search for Indian and Kuwaiti businessmen in both countries.
- To provide Indian investors in India, information on business and investment opportunities in Kuwait.